Sunday, May 14, 2006

I need a few Ferrari emblems...

So lots happened over the last 2 weeks with the kart. I got it fully assembled, all parts installed and accounted for, and took it for a drive. What a blast! I did figure out it has a weight limit with the little 3hp engine and 60 tooth axle gear. We'll have to explore a 5hp sometime in the future and maybe a torque converter setup, or at very least a 72 or so tooth gear.

Regardless, here's a few action shots as I took it out on it's maiden voyage around the block. I was breaking the speed limit in the 3rd picture! Whee!! As expected during a first drive, a few things failed: the brake, right wheel and steering fell apart and the clutch was smoking heavily when I pulled into the garage (which lead me to believe I'm a bit heavy for it - ya think?). Loc-Tite is on the to-do list. Luckily it all happened after I turned back into the driveway.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home